one/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage
two red bell peppers, sliced
two yellow onions, sliced
one teaspoon kosher salt
one teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
one/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
4 garlic cloves, chopped
two tablespoons tomato paste
one cup Marsala wine
one (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
4 to 6 fresh Italian sandwich rolls, optional
- Heat the oil in a heavy massive skillet in excess of medium heat. Include the sausages and cook till brown on both sides, about seven to ten minutes. Take away from the pan and drain.
- Keeping the pan over medium heat, add the peppers, onions, salt, and pepper and cook till golden brown, about five minutes. Include the oregano, basil, and garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir. Include the Marsala wine, tomatoes, and chili flakes, if employing. Stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release all the browned bits. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut the sausages into 4 to six pieces each and every, about 1-inch cubes. Include the sausage back to the pan and stir to combine. Cook until finally the sauce has thickened, about twenty minutes.
- Serve in bowls. Or, if serving as a sandwich, split the rolls in half lengthwise. Hollow out the bread from the bottom side of each roll, getting careful not to puncture the crust. Fill the bottom half of the roll with sausage mixture. Best and serve sandwiches instantly.
My Private Notes
Burgers and Hot Dogs
Searching for Something Else?
What is Cooking
Let us Get Cooking!