Recipe by: Chef John
- 2/3 cup cold hefty whipping cream
- one 1-cup canning jar with lid and ring
- Include all elements to checklist
- Include all ingredients to list
- Pour cream into the jar and screw on the lid. Shake jar till butter varieties a soft lump, 15 to 20 minutes. Continue to shake right up until buttermilk separates out of the lump and the jar consists of a reliable lump of butter and liquid buttermilk.
- Pour contents of the jar into a fine mesh strainer and strain out the buttermilk, leaving the sound butter. Remove the lump of butter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until necessary.