Creamed Chipped Beef is the greatest comfort meal. I keep in mind my mom creating this for me when I was a little one. Such fond memories of beef in a lightly seasoned smooth cream sauce served in excess of toasted sourdough or European whole grain.
This is a single of my all time favorite recipes. Did you enjoy this as a child? I remember this was one particular of people comfort meals that my mom made for me usually and at some point she taught me how to make it. It was not until finally I was an grownup that I discovered that this treat is most commonly referred to as SOS gravy. I know what you are questioning. What does that acronym stand for? SOS stands for “shit on a shingle.” The shingle getting the toast. Now my catholic Mother never ever informed me that. I am confident that she simply did not want me running all around employing that word.
Creamed Chipped Beef is not the healthiest of recipes but as long as you make it sometimes I consider all will be okay. After all a delicious nostalgic recipe that requires us back in time to a content location can not be all undesirable.
What is Creamed Chipped Beef?
Creamed Chipped Beef is a dish comprised of chopped dried beef in a creamy luscious lightly seasoned white sauce. The cream sauce is typically a bchamel sauce which is created from flour, butter and milk. It is normally served more than toast but it is equally tasty more than eggs and potatoes.
How to make Creamed Chipped Beef
I doesn’t get much less complicated that this. First chop your beef into bite dimension pieces and set aside. Up coming melt your butter in a skillet above medium lower heat. Whisk in the flour. Continue cooking for about two to 3 minutes whisking consistently. Sprinkle in the black pepper and cayenne pepper. Gradually whisk in the milk right up until smooth and creamy.
Add the chopped beef and simmer for three to five minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve above toasted bread, eggs, hash browns, or biscuits.
Valuable hints on making Creamed Chipped Beef Recipe
- You can use any dried beef however Buddig beef functions excellent for this recipe. It is offered in most grocery shops and is not quite as salty or dry as some of the other brand names of dried beef. You will find it with the other prepackaged luncheon meats
- Cook the butter flour mixture (roux) for 2-3 minutes as it assists to cook off the raw flour taste.
- Gradually add your milk and whisk constantly until finally you have a great smooth sauce.
- If the sauce gets too thick include much less than a quarter of a cup of milk at a time right up until you reach your wanted consistency.
- Season to taste with salt, seasoned salt, fresh ground black pepper, cayenne pepper and even a splash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Creamed Chipped Beef is greatest served promptly nevertheless it reheats relatively well.
Hopefully my Creamed Chipped Beef will bring back superb recollections or make new ones. The weekend is coming. You will have a little much more time to make anything fabulous for breakfast or lunch!
Other breakfast recipes you will really like!
Creamed Chipped Beef
4.eight from 17 evaluations
Creamed Chipped Beef is the greatest comfort meal combining dried beef in a smooth cream sauce served over light toasted sourdough or European whole grain.
- Author: Small Town Girl
- Prep Time: two
- Cook Time: ten
- Complete Time: twelve minutes
- Yield: 4 servings one x
- Group: primary meal
- Approach: stove best
- Cuisine: American
- eight ounce s Buddig original beef (see notes)
- one/four cup butter
- 1/four cup all goal flour
- one/two teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- two pinches ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cup s milk (see notes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the beef in bite dimension pieces.
- Melt butter in a skillet above medium low heat. Whisk in the flour. Cook for two to three minutes whisking consistently. Sprinkle in black pepper and cayenne pepper. Slowly whisk in the milk until finally smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped beef and simmer for 3-five minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve above toasted bread, eggs, hash browns, or biscuits.
- You can use any dried beef or pressed beef. Budding beef can be discovered in the packaged lunch meat segment of your neighborhood grocery.
- If the sauce is as well thick whisk in one/4 cup of milk at a time right up until wanted thickness is reached.
Keywords and phrases: chipped beef, creamed beef, creamed meat,